Long time no see..but not because we've abandoned this blog, but because bachelor thesis deadlines are coming and also tones of other uni projects, not to mention finals !!!
We've been extremely busy at a point were we haven't even left the house for days. All we do is reading, writing, working!
But enough with the whining and let's talk about fashion.
For today I've decided to talk a little about black. I'm a true believer that everything looks better in black. Matter of fact 89% of my wardrobe is black.
Even the ICON of fashion, Coco Chanel, once said "Woman think of all colors except the absence of color. I have said that black has it all. ... [Its] beauty is absolute. It is the perfect harmony."
Every time I'm in a shop, buying clothes, and I spot a cute piece, firstly I have to try it on in black.
For that matter I now have a rule, if I buy something it has to be colorful :D
And if you think that an all black outfit is boring or is for the lazy ones, well let me tell you my little friend that you have the wrong idea.
Here are some tips for keeping your all black outfit classy and fashionable:
1. Work the slimming aspect in your own advantage !
2. If you don't play with fabrics and textures, you outfit may look one-dimensional and boring
3. Try and choose a fabric that is appropriate for the current season. Silk is a great option for spring and summer
4. Play with accessories to keep thinks a little interesting. Add statement jewelry, a pop of color with a bag or shoes!
5. And finally, if you're feeling bold, add a red lipstick. Is also sexy ;)
Thank you for reading!